Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Maytag bravos washer, model # XXXXX that will

I have a Maytag bravos washer, model # XXXXX that will not turn on. I verified that there is 120V at the end of the power cord where it connects to the control module (grey box) but the machine acts like there is no power. No lights, no response to any buttons being pressed. Should I get a new User Control Board, Main Control Board, or is there something else I should do to further diagnose the problem?
Thanks.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The problem without doubt is the control board, It's likely the power relay has blown (common problem with this unit) Unfortunately it always means the control board has to be replaced.

If you would like a link where you can buy the part let me know :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike, I was afraid that might be it. Just to be sure: the "control board" is the grey box that the power cord connects too. Is that right?

That is correct John, This is the control where all the wires hook up to.

Sorry it's not better news :(

Thanks!

Mike.