Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a frigidaire gallery model fghd2433kf1. Tge replace

We have a frigidaire gallery model fghd2433kf1. Tge replace water filter lght turned red. We replaced the filter and reset the light. Now the light goes off when the panel is set for water, turns yellow when set for cube and red when set for crushed. What do I need to do to correct this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like your display board has just gotten confused. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the display board would just need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Now that is not something that needs to be replaced if you don't want to. It affects nothing else other than reminding you to replace the filter every 6 months. You can find another way to remind yourself to replace it every 6 months if you really wanted to.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugging it for 60 seconds didn't help. Why would changing the filter cause a problem in the control board? It worked correctly up to the point. Is there a sensor somewhere that should be checked for a loose conection?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's not that changing the filter caused the problem, it's that resetting it didn't work correctly in the logic of the display board. There is no sensor or a loose connection that would possibly cause this. Everything is built into the display board and if there was a loose connection, the display wouldn't light at all or everything would keep shutting off and turning back on. The refrigerator has not sensor to monitor when the filter needs to be replaced. It just has an internal clock and lets you know when 6 months is up and the filter needs to be replaced. Unfortunately there is absolutely no other way to reset this issue other than trying to unplug the entire unit. If that doesn't work, the display board would need to be replaced---that's not something you or I can control. The logic inside the board is just corrupt.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.