Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

have profile fridge freezer PFSS5PJZA SS the led lighting not

have profile fridge freezer PFSS5PJZA SS the led lighting not working would like to know the voltage that should be present and where electrical diagram could be found
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok Scott the light fitting should read 12vdc, the problem seems a bit odd because if you are reading 12vdc then the light should be working unless it is bad, Having said that if the 12vdc does not shut off when the switch is pushed then you also have a bad switch. It is possible the switch failed leaving the light on all the time, this could have caused the light fitting to burn out.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

check switches both are o omhs when closed and close to infinite when open can find no power at the switches.hooked up leds to feed to check if going to zero under load still reads 13.55 vdc .this is with the switches removed. is their must be a power supply some where

There is a transformer in the rear that powers up this light fitting, There is no direct wiring to the light, it is wired through the door switch, only thing I can think of at this point is maybe you have a bad neutral. This would be a wiring issue that will take some diagnosis and tracing wires, testing them. I will see if I can come up with a wiring diagram.

Will post back shortly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

found control board cct have been fried . fridge still works but I guess the control board also feeds the light power .

Yes actually it does,The transformer feeds the she light but the control board controls the power to the light.

Thanks!

Mike.