Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE top load washer #WLFE4210A0WW will not advance to rinse

GE top load washer #WLFE4210A0WW will not advance to rinse cycle unless its unplugged for several hour(overnight),then when plugged in it drains, spins and goes back to the wash cycle and stops with no agitator unless start button is pressed,which stops at rinse cycle again without drain or spin.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are really only 2 things that can cause this issue---The motor is overheating, or the control board is failing. You'll need to remove the front panel of the washer, start a cycle and just wait for it to stop as it normally does before the wash cycle. Give it about an hour or two and then unplug the washer and touch the motor. Is the motor blazing hot or is it room temperature? If the motor is not, then you need to replace the motor, if the motor is room temperature, you need to replace the control board. Below is a link to the control board and motor you'd need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for control board

CLICK HERE for motor

To remove the front panel, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and hinge forward and down so that you can access the motor.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to cross reference wash motors in order to use one off another machine? Are any motors interchangeable?

Unfortunately not. This motor was completely re-designed because it had many issues, that's why it costs so much. A lot of wiring and such will come with the motor to re-wire to this new motor, but there is only one motor that works for this washer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what about used motors,where does one find used parts for appliances?
Also can the clutch be used off the old motor?

The clutch was re-designed with the motor, but if you found a used motor you could put it on that motor. That being said, used parts for appliances isn't a big market. Ebay or Craig's list are about the only options that I know of.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there another way to test either one of theses parts to tell which is bad?

Testing power at the motor while the washer is stopped and it should be running would be the other way. If you have 120 volts to any of the wires going to the motor, then your motor is bad. Otherwise you have a bad control board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help!

Not a problem and sorry about the bad news. I wish you only the best!