Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi Chad.....I have a very similar problem with my Maytag Gemini

Hi Chad.....I have a very similar problem with my Maytag Gemini double oven. However, my problem is with the upper oven. The bake (lower) element ) does not activate on any of the upper oven settings. I replaced the element, but no change. The broil element activates and continues to heat until it reaches the bake temp I preset. I believe that the broil element is not to activate during the bake cycle. Is it activating because the bake element does not activate? The broil element does function properly while in broil settings and the remaining functions for the ovens and stovetop work fine. Model# XXXXX Thank you for your response................Ken.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can you give me about 5 minutes to get your wiring diagrams and study them...

Chas

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
Ken,
Are you there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes. Sorry I could not respond earlier

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes.......I am having difficulty tracking where your responses are on these web pages.

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
The broil element is suppose to come on during the preheat, however since you replaced the bake element, and it is not working, then you have a main control failure of the relay that controls the bake element, however the only repair is to replace the entire control..

This is a very expensive repair, over $600 to fix, you may not want to put that kind of money out on repairing this range, however if you do you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Chas............Your response to my original appliance question was correct. I would need to replace the double oven's main control panel to fix the upper oven's bake element not lighting. You mentioned that this part is very expensive and was recommended a parts supplier on your site. I followed thru with the recommendation and checked the price they quoted at over $600 some odd dollars. A few pop ups also appeared quoting prices for the same part but from other suppliers. I ordered the same exact part from Sears for $214.00. I received the part from Sears within 3 business days and it works great. I hope your recommended supplier does not triple the value price on other parts. If so, your site may want to look into other part suppliers. That would have been a total rip off if I had not investigated. But Thank you anyway for your personal advice. Have a great day.................Ken.

Expert:  Chas replied 9 months ago.
I am so glad you have it working, The reason for Repair Clinic recommending it, is their warranty on parts, I have to admit for some reason some parts come up very expensive, but most are as cheap or cheaper than other sites, But from the long point I am glad you have both ovens working properly, Enjoy you weekend and have you wife make an apple pie for tomorrow...