Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My microwave hood combination, Maytag Model #MMV4203DB00 had

My microwave hood combination, Maytag Model #MMV4203DB00 had no power. Power box and outlet checked ok. A few weeks later, the clock setting started flashing out of no where. I set the clock and then went to try starting it and the whole thing went dead again. Any idea what it is? Thanks for your help.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you'll want to run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working to be certain that the microwave is getting power. If so, then you will need to remove the control panel on the microwave to expose the noise filter which is part 8 on the diagram in the link below. On this noise filter is 1 or 2 fuses. Test continuity through the fuses with a multimeter and if either fuse doesn't have continuity, you need to replace it. If both fuses check good, then you'd need to order and replace the display control board because the board itself has failed.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Now to remove the control panel, you'll need to unplug the microwave and remove the screws coming in from above the microwave going into the vent panel above the door. Remove the vent panel and that exposes a screw at the top of the control panel. Now you can pull the control panel up and off to expose everything behind it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!