Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My new MVWC400XWCentennial top load washer was installed on

My new MVWC400XWCentennial top load washer was installed on April 10, 2013. And I must say, I have not been exactly happy with it. But last night when I start a load of wash, the lid locked light and the sensing light were lit. After just a few seconds the lid locked light started blinking and then went out and the lid unlocked. This is all I can get to happen. I did unplug the machine to "reboot" the machine but nothing helped. Now I have loads of wash to do and no way to do it. Do you have a suggestion on what I can try next
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the lid and tell me if the tub will turn freely?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it does

Ok Joyce, this problem nearly always boils down to a failed shift actuator, This will need to be replaced, If you will be doing the repair yourself I have included a link below where you can buy the part, Bookmark the link, There is also a video that shows how to do the repair.

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)