Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi whirpool gold has error code E1 -F5

hi
whirpool gold has error code E1 -F5
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. So the E1-F5 is a door latch error. when this code comes up it means there a problem with the door latch/lock the door latch would need to be replaced to fix the issue. If you have a model number I can look up the part for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I look for a model # ?

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it says on stove: Whirlpool Gold Accubake System (its not stainless steel one). Didn't find any # XXXXX the back. Will look in other places...

okay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found it behind the bottom drawer, on the side as you had suggested.

Here is the Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

okay found the diagrams. this one has the lock / latch assembly in the back connected by a rod. its part number 23 (assembly) the problem is its no longer available. however most likely its just one of the switch (number 27) that is bad and you can get a switch set. Micro Switch(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View here is a link to order them, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Micro-Switch/4392027/3459?RCAID=1000065 I would replace them both.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure my mom can do it by herself. We got this stove from Future shop. What do you suggest to do? Her location is Brampton, Ontario.

well if she bought this from a store I would call them and have them send someone out to repair it. you can tell them whats wrong with it and hopefully they have someone that knows what to do. that's about all I can suggest, please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help, Bryan Cool
Is there a way to contact you through your personal email ?

unfortunately no we are not allowed to do that. you can come back here anytime though at no additional charge even after you rate me. thanks again, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will get back to you if there is any more questions from my mom about the part we need to get.

okay no problem, thanks.