Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

(Appliance Doc Only) Already asked about an electric range

(Appliance Doc Only) Already asked about an electric range that is completely dead. I know to check to see if 220-40 is coming in the block. If power was good, assumed it was probably the circuit board. Unfortunately, it has 3 boards! Need your thoughts.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm sorry, but I can't pull up a previous conversation with you and not quite sure what is wrong with the oven---is it completely dead right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah. I'ts academic now, because I called the guy and took a wild shot and had him flip the breaker. I got lucky. But for future reference, since I could get two boards but would have to order the third, how would you have handled that? I got lucky today, but I doubted it was that simple. My next move would have been to check the amount of power coming into the block. If that hadn't worked, I'd be back to the boards on a completely dead range. What do you think?

So if the display itself was blank, the display board would be the part that needs to be replaced. One board is for the cooktop burners, and the other board is for the oven functions (relay board). Neither board powers the display board. The display board gets power straight from the power cord, so if the display board is blank, the display board would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much, I'll will add this to my Range notes.

No problem and good luck!