Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

i have a whirlpool washer that does not spin

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Unplug the washer from the wall outlet. You need to replace the lid switch.

You have to remove the screws or pop the spring clips in the control panel, roll the top back and there it is on the left side. There is a video below that is not for that parts change but it does show how to get the top disassembled.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO.

Please do not forget to leave a rating and of course if you need to ask questions please do.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

replaced the lid switch i can hear the motor running but its not spinning

I understand Steve, I am sorry that was not help. Did you check the coupler?

Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

put a new one on it. it washes but doesn't spin

Thanks Steve...I am going to put your question back on the list for all techs...No worries about paying, I will personally work it out with the person that gets it right for you. If you will let them know they will let me know.

Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you lean the washer back and look up on top of the transmission at the clutch, please? It is silver and round and is directly on top of the transmission. When you put the machine on spin, does that clutch turn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the response i have replaced the unit

I understand, thank you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks

You are very welcome.