Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an older Frigidaire Galaxy Series Front Load washer.

I have an older Frigidaire Galaxy Series Front Load washer. All the buttons on the panel work except the start and Sto/cancel button. I am trying to wash my laundry but it will not start. I have tired holding it down, unpluging it and trying again but no matter what when ever I push the start button it will not start
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Do you have a model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would I find the model number

it should be on a tag right inside the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX reason the start isn't responding is the keypad has failed. its all one piece on this unit so you cant just replace the start button unfortunately. the key pad is part of the control panel and plugs into the main control. there is one thing you can try. take a hair dryer on warm and warm the key up. message it with your fingers and see if it unsticks. if not unfortunately you will need to replace the control panel. heres a link to order it if needed. hopefully the hair dryer works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How easy is the control panel to install if I have to get a new one. i am a very fixed low budget and therefor try to do all my repairs myself I cannot afford a technician to come here to do it.

to install that you need to take the screws out of the back of the top panel and slide it back and off. then there are screws to remove the control on the inside along the top there are screws , I believe there may be a screw or two also when you remove the dispenser which also has to come out. heres a diagram . you can probably do this yourself.