Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Drier. The problem is the

I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Drier. The problem is the washer. It had been working perfectly for the two months we've had it -- but now when we finish a load, the dispenser tray is full of water, on the fabric softener and bleach side. It's not the usual couple of teaspoons full, but rather is full near to the top, so that when we take the tray out, water overflows and spills on the floor. Any suggestions short of a service call?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. do you have a model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you have tools to take this apart ? you need to remove the top of the washer and get to the dispenser and take that apart. its clogged , heres a diagram of the dispenser assembly. do you think you can do that ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think there is a clog. I just ran a cycle, and there was only the normal two teaspoon's worth in the bleach part of the tray this time. Two loads in a row left the tray full of water, a third load worked normally. A fourth load had the dispenser full of water at the end, and now the fifth load worked normally. What do you make of that?

geez, Wow. mmm , well this one doesn't have an electronic actuator in it so that's strange, the only thing I can think of in that case would be the valve is not shutting tightly sometimes after this rinses the bleach out so water still comes in . the water valve is assembly number 1 on the diagram. as you can see it has different hoses for different functions. I suspect that's whats going on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I'll keep watching it over the next week and will see what happens.

okay, Its the only thing that can cause water to fill the bleach dispenser after its done rinsing the bleach out. if the valve sticks open just a small amount the dispenser will fill back up. its not an unusual problem. heres a link to order the valve if you need it. VALVE since this is an intermittent problem that's most likely the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The link didn't work.

oh sorry, try this one . valve or you can copy and paste this to your web browser' athTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W1207086&diagramPageId=00004&productTypeId=&searchModelNumber=WFW94HEAC0&subCompDesc=Dispenser%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=AUTOMATIC WASHER&blt=11&shdMod=WFW94HEAC0&keyId=1