Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

This is a MAYTAG MAV7057AWW. We have had this washer for several

This is a MAYTAG MAV7057AWW.
We have had this washer for several years and this is the first problem.

No cold water will go into washer for WASH cycle.

Cold water WILL go in for rinse.
Hot water (which we rarely use) goes in for both wash and rinse.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the water valve will definitely not be your issue, 100% I promise you. The valve only has 2 solenoids--1 for hot and 1 for cold. If the cold water works in rinse cycle, then something is going on with your temperature control board because the valve is working. The valve is just not getting power so you need ot order the temperature control board inside the control panel of the washer. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK...so I need a new temperature control board...easy / accessible enough for someone used to minor to medium DIY repairs?

Will I need a repair manual or will I see the board after removing the back (I assume back, not in the front?) panel?

Definitely, the part is all plug and play and really should only take about 15-20 minutes to replace. If you pull the washer forward, just remove the screws going into the back of the control panel and unplug the washer. Remove the back of the control panel and you should see the control board inside.