Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

While cooking a roast in my Frigidaire stove a beeping sound

While cooking a roast in my Frigidaire stove a beeping sound started and in the temperature screen a "F10" was flashing. I unplugged the stove and let it cool down a bit. Plugged it in again, set tempuature at 350 and a few minutes later the beeping and F10 flashing started again. What does it mean? Should I unplug the stove again?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look this up please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely-

Thanks

Ok Susan thanks for that.

The meaning or the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F10

F11

F12

F13

Runaway Temperature.

Shorted Keypad.

Bad Micro Identification.

Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error.

1. (F10 only) Check Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.

2. (F11, 12 & 13) Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.

3. (F11, 12 & 13) If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.

Basically what this means is the oven sensor has failed and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is a Sensor Probe and where is it? What and where is an EOC?

Can I buy these and install myself? Where do i find the model #?

The sensor is the part that sticks into the oven and looks like this.

graphic

The EOC is the clock (control board)

These are both fairly simple to replace. The model number will be inside the drawer on a sticker to the left or right.

Thanks!

Mike.