Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Samsung refrigerator and I unplugged it when plugging

I have a Samsung refrigerator and I unplugged it when plugging it back up the display above the ice/water was flashing on 98/88 on left and on right 88/88

How can I my refrigeratior back on line and working?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is actually an error code. The error is a communication error between the display board and the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. Most of the time you can just reset it. To clear the code, press and hold the POWER FREEZE and POWER COOL buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. If the error won't disappear or the error comes back, you'd need to make a decision on whether to replace the display board or the main control board. There is no real way to know which board is actually bad so it would be a 50/50 guess as to which board to replace first.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!