Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My microwave is not working. On the display it says -5E-

My microwave is not working. On the display it says -5E- The manual has no -5E- in describing troubleshooting.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Actually the error is SE and the issue is the keypad is shorted which explains why it doesn't respond when you press a key. this is a big issue in these. Touchpad and Control Panel DE94-01807M     Main Product View and the real issue is keypad is no longer available. the part number is. DE94-01807M in case you want to try and find one on line. sorry for the bad news. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I need a new microwave. Is that correct.

Yes unless you can find a keypad but even then its probably more than a new microwave. that issue has been a huge problem for Samsung and they even discontinued the part for it.