Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The fan on my r8340 Sharp microwave wont turn off. It still

The fan on my r8340 Sharp microwave won't turn off. It still cooks fine but I have to turn the power off at the wall( and it is built in!). Thanks, Julien
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok but it is no good telling me I need a new circuit board, Thanks, Bryan.
okay is it the exhaust fan that's running or the cooling fan in the control panel ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The main fan in the middle which I presume is the exhaust fan.
okay, when you press the button that controls that fan (exhaust fan) does it beep? like the other keys?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan it is a white plastic fan directly above the circuit board. When the timer is on, it beeps and if I cancel the command it beeps. I can't see any specific button for the exhaust fan, sorry. Julien.
Oh okay , so its the cooling fan for the control panel ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and for the right side of the cabinet from the looks of it. Also, it has now tripped my plug circuit.
Okay well its going to be expensive and you don't want to hear that control board is the issue but that's what I believe is the issue. I'm going to opt out and let someone else take a look at this. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK I guess I will have to accept that thanks Bryan. It means the appliance is probably not worth fixing here in Australia. Julien
well I just don't want you to rate me poor because the board is most likely the issue, the parts would cost more than replacing the microwave to be honest. if its tripping the breaker that's real bad. I wish I had better news, we have customers that get mad because its expensive to fix and they rate us bad because of it. its really not our fault. thanks for understanding. have a great day, Bryan