Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore ultra fabric care dryer electric model 110 wont start

Kenmore ultra fabric care dryer electric model 110 won't start or starts intermittently (very). Door switch works and lights come on. Press the start relay seems to engage and timer runs but nothing happens other than clicks (and timer hum).
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Can you get me the full model number after the 110 ? its on the inside of the door when you open it look on the machine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

okay perfect , Now when you said its starts intermittently does the drum actually spin when you press start or do you just hear the click noise and slight buzz from the timer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I press the start button, it sometimes runs just fine. Most of the time it doesn't do anything after the click. So I spin the timer back and try again till it works. It is working less and less often.

Oh okay I see, so moving the timer either all the way around or in a new spot its starts, I see. it always does something when you press start like the relay clicks ? if so the start switch is good. these machines are famous for the timer contacts inside the timer to burn. when they burn they will sometimes connect and sometimes not. This is a classic issue on these. Timer(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View from what your saying this is your issue. the relay wouldn't cause that type of issue, they either work or don't. as long as your door switch is good the timer is the issue. heres a link to order it. TIMER