Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

I have a GE front loading washer. Out of nowhere it has stopped

Customer Question

I have a GE front loading washer. Out of nowhere it has stopped working. The washer will turn on, but the start/pause button flashes like it has been paused. However, nothing we do will get the washer to start. The button continues to flash no matter what. We've unplugged/plugged it back in and reset the breaker. It just goes back to the flashing start button. All other buttons seem to be working correctly and we can spin through the different types of washes. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
The problem with your washer is the touch pad. The start button behind the panel is not functioning. If you can supply me with the model number, I can look up the part number for you if you would like me to do that. I will need the model number off the label near the door opening.

Customer : wBvH6240fww
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience: Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ordered the board you have listed above. It just came in and I attempted to install it. With the new board, we're now getting a blank display and a quick double beep everytime any button is pushed.

I reinstalled the old board and was able to get a display, run through the different wash options - basically every button seems to be working - except for the 'Start' button which acts like it's stuck on pause. This was our initial problem.

I have no idea why the new board would cause the washer to act this way - it's seemingly worse than it was before since we now have no buttons working and no display. Do you have any ideas?

Also, I've installed the board twice now double checking the connections to be sure they are tight - but I still get the same results.

Thanks!