Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 3-yr old Whirlpool WFW9150WW01 duet front-load washer;

I have a 3-yr old Whirlpool WFW9150WW01 duet front-load washer; we get the F8E1 error and have had the pressure switch and control board replaced - still having the problem. The water fill during the start of the wash cycle sounds anemic, however the rinse only cycle works fine and the diagnostic test cycle clearly fills the dispenser drawer with plenty of water and circulation. My wife insists the start of the wash cycle used to sound much more like the diagnostic cycle sounds, so the valves must be working - any ideas?

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.

well in this machine it has a dual cold water fill valve so its possible for the rinse to work fine but the first fill could be weak. Water Inlet Valve W10212596       Alternate Product ViewWater Inlet Valve W10212596       Alternate Product View does this sound like theres not as much water coming in at the beginning of the cycle ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Definitely sounds like not much water coming in at beginning of the cycle.

Okay , sounds like you wife is correct then. I would replace the valve, heres a link to the valve. Cold Water Valve Click that blue link. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan