Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

model5500bww maytag washer frt loader:will not turn on the

model5500bww maytag washer frt loader:will not turn on the machine or turn off the option lights off.unplugged power for+30 min. several times to see if it would reset.when plugged back in all lights on control panel blink and then the last selection stays lit. the start/pause and off do not light. on one reset try, the door locked and a cycle started for a moment and quit???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately, the only two things that would cause your issue are either the touchpad or the control board. Now since the start/pause button is not lighting, that means that the start button on the control panel itself has just failed for one reason or another. There isn't much you can do but to order and replace the touch control panel, but if you're handy this should take you less than 30 minutes to complete. Now there are a few touchpads listed for your particular model number which are white, so you'll want to call Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com and give them your full model and serial number so they can determine which serial break you have and which part number you need. Repairclinic.com is who I would recommend just because this is an issue that you can't test to be 100% certain and must just go off the symptoms. Repairclinic.com alows you to return parts if you end up not needing them unlike most places.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX touch panel and control panel one unit?

Aye it is. The display board is separate however.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

it looks like my touch panel/pad and display i.e.what i see on the front of the machine are one.is there a control board

behind what i am seeing.

Aye, the display board is just mounted by 4 screws to the back of the control panel. But it is separate.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.