Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung front load high efficiency washer model #WF206ANSXAC.When

I have a Samsung front load high efficiency washer model #WF206ANSXAC.When we try to use it a water temperature sensor code comes up and it will not work-shuts off. Once in a while it will work. I suspect that the temperature sensor has failed but need some more information?
thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today

Can you tell me what error code you are getting exactly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The code is a water temperature sensor error- It displays a capital E with the top horizontal stroke of the letter missing followed by a capital E

OK so you are correct that the error means you have a thermistor sensor failure. The "E" is meant to look like a "t".

Anyways, the thermistor should be mounted near the bottom of the outer plastic tub and I believe it comes in from the back of the washer on this model although the diagram is really bad so I can't say for certain because sometimes Samsung has them mounted in the front at the bottom. Either way, below is a link to the part so you know what you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

You will want to disconnect the sensor and check the resistance. It should read about 9600 ohms at room temperature and if not, replace it. If it checks good, make sure the wires are secure up to the board as well as the thermistor and then replace the control board if the error comes back.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the the information-I appreciate the help.

Not a problem at all. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.