Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Whirlpool Duet Washer (wfw9200sqa10), is leaking water from

My Whirlpool Duet Washer (wfw9200sqa10), is leaking water from the bottom, what is the most likely cause? or fix?

Is there a routine service or cleaning that can unclog or prevent water from leaking? or is the leaking always caused by a broken part that must be replaced?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The likely place and most common is the gasket around the door (the boot) take the panel out from under the door,

graphic

Once the panel is out run a cycle, If as I suspect there is a hole in the door gasket then it will need to be replaced.

If the door gasket is good removing the panel will help you narrow down what is leaking.

When a leak starts this generally has to be repair with parts.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response, will check and see if that is the issue and get back to you.

Ok thanks

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

Your advice and help was perfect, the part number for my machine is shown below. Was able to find that the front boot / bellow was severed in two and that I could actually place my hand through from the lower access panel into the gap on the inside of the door. Also found a video on Youtube for how to replace the part in 10 minutes, but needed your help to search for the right terms. Thank you very much.

v/r

Bob

Front Bellow Tub Seal

Part Number:AP3597347
MFG Part Number:8182119
Made by:Whirlpool

Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-front-bellow-tub-8182119-ap3597347.html#ixzz2fYf7k1MA http://www.appliancepartspros.com

Video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEk61JOgRk&feature=player_detailpage

Your welcome That is the part you will need.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Bob,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,