Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool WTW6600SW2 washer that consistently gives

I have a Whirlpool WTW6600SW2 washer that consistently gives me the F50, F41, and F2 error codes. I went through to troubleshoot the F50 and F41 errors and have the following to report:

-Running in automatic diagnostic mode ends up with the same error
- In the manual diagnostic mode, checking the RPS test resulted in the Wash, Rinse and Spin lights blinking (confirms RPS sensor)
- In the manual diagnostic mode, activating a motor spin results in the same F50,F41,F2 codes
- Running Test # XXXXX (motor circuit) resulted in the following information:
-no visual issues to report
-I can manually spin the basket
-measured resistance between P5-1 to P5-2 and P5-1 to P5-3. Both were about 32 ohms
-measured resistance beteween P10-1 to P10-7 and got about 10 kilo-ohms
-got continuity between the P10 and P5 terminals on both ends of wire.

there is a discrepancy in the service manual on resistance from P5 through motor. One spot says it should be 16 ohms and another says it should be about 31 (motor terminals). However, I am leaning to the RPS board. The other alternative is the motor itself, which I find hard to believe.

Can you provide any insight to correcting this issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So Unfortunately you understand a little about what is going on here, but you're not going to be able to test everything. 32 ohms is correct however, ignore the 16 ohms.

Now that being said F2 has to do with the board not responding to the relay board and F50 is always caused by the main relay control board in the back right corner. You actually want to order the main relay control board in the back right corner and replace that part because it's the only thing that relates both of these issues together. Now because you can't test to be certain, I'd recommend ordering the part from Repairclinic.com because they allow you to return parts if you end up not needing them unlike most places

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for the prompt reply. Can you confirm the part you are referring to (I don't see a "relay control board" verbatim) is indeed the control unit assembly, machine and motor? The part number I'm coming up with is W10112113.

thanks,

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing. Sorry about the confusion. The part number you need is W10189966. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.