Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore Gas Dryer Model # XXXXX Type- DDOT-nat-1206006-EH22. Dryer

Kenmore Gas Dryer Model # XXXXX Type- DDOT-nat-1206006-EH22.
Dryer will only keep going if I tape the start button down in the on position. Any help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are a few things that can cause your issue, but to determine which one you have, you need to run the dryer and hold the start button for 1 minute without any clothes inside. Open the door and is the dryer heating at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for getting back to me. I taped down the start button, ran the dryer and the drum heats up just fine.

I ran the dryer for 50 minutes to dry some clothes last night. It worked great and other than the start button not keeping the dryer activated. It works fine.

OK perfect. So if the dryer is still heating, then your control board should be fine. Unfortunately that means that your motor relay inside your control panel has failed. There are 2 small black rectangular plastic boxes with 4 wires going to them. One is your heater relay and the other is your motor relay. You need to replace the relay that does NOT have 2 thick red wires going to it. Below is a link to the relay you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for relay

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm going to check it out in a few minutes. Will you still be available for further questions if needed?

yes of course.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK. So I have identified the two relays. One of them has four red wires (two all red and two red with white stripe), the other has two red with black tripe and two blue.

It appears that I had replaced the relay with the blue wires as I put identifier markings on it. But it was so long ago I can't remember what the problem was.

So I'm not sure why you replaced the relay before, but the one with the 2 blue wires is the one you need to replace. You can also unplug the dryer and tape the 2 blue wires together for testing just to be sure that this fixes the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK great! test worked, thanks for your help!!!

No problem and glad we have it solved. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Would it be okay to text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX? I'm going into Seattle to try to pick up the part and since I've had issues with goofy questions asked of me, I may need some help answering them.

Unfortunately I can't contact you any other way than through this text box. But it should be easy to get the correct part, just ask for part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.