Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID DISHWASHER WHEN I RAN THE DIAGNOSTIC CYCLE

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID DISHWASHER WHEN I RAN THE DIAGNOSTIC CYCLE .IT GAVE ME A CODE 88 . NO INFORMATION IN PAPER WORK STATING WHAT CODE 88 MEENS. MODLE KUDS01IJBT0
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

88 on the display means there is no error code for this model. Can you tell me what the problem is and why you're trying to pull up an error?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the dishwasher blew the breaker . and the thermal fuse in the dishwasher was bad . changed fuse. turned back on . dosn't run . but ran dia and came up with code 88

OK so is the dishwasher control panel illuminating? Can you select any cycles? Does it fill with water at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Push start and display has two dashes in it. dose not fill

OK perfect. If you press the cancel button after starting the cycle, does it go into a 2 minute drain cycle or anything?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just cancels screen

OK so this means that you either have a bad control board or the door switch has failed and doesn't think the door is shutting. You'll need to test continuity through the switch when the switch is activated, or put a jumper wire between the wires going to the door switch to bypass the door switch and see if the dishwasher will start. the door switch isn't the problem, the control board itself needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the door switch controls all the power to washer not just the board if the switch is not working the control board won't work at all . But i can close the door hit start and control board lites up with two dashes if i open the door they go out. The door switch is working!

So it actually doesn't control the power to the panel, but it will stop your dishwasher from running. Either way, that doesn't matter, because if the door switch is good then the control board needs to be replaced. Only the control board or the door switch would cause this problem.