Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kitchenaid dishwasher will not start. No lights turn on

My Kitchenaid dishwasher will not start. No lights turn on on the panel. The circuit breaker is on. How can I troubleshoot it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control panel is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control panel but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE

Now since the fuse on your control board looks different than the fuse in the video, below is a link to the fuse that you can order as well as see a picture of to make sure you're looking at the correct part.

CLICK HERE for fuse

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!