Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

what is the problem when Maytag high efficiency front loading

what is the problem when Maytag high efficiency front loading washer gives beeping alert during wash cycle, stops cycle, and flashes "HF" in red on the display for minutes remaining in cycle?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are correct about this error. HF means that the washer doesn't detect water coming into the washer fast enough. Make sure you have good water pressure from your house to your washer and if so, turn the water off and remove the fill hoses from the back of the washer. Look inside the receptacles on the back of the washer and if the screens are clogged, flush them out with some water. If everything checks good--you need to order and replace the electronic water valve on the back of the washer because one of the solenoids is not opening up enough to let a good water flow into the washer and then you're getting an HF error. The part is normally about $50 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!