Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner ii Clean light will not go out

have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner ii Clean light will not go out cannot get dishwasher to turn on
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Is the clean light blinking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Ok can you check to see if it blinks 7 times then pause then blinks 7 times and so on.

Thanks Gerald
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it does

Ok hit the following buttons one at a time.

High temp wash

Heated dry

High temp wash

Heated dry

Then hit the cancel button, wait for the drain pump to stop running then try a new cycle, This is the reset for this error.

If once the new cycle has been started the same thing happens then you have a problem with the heat system, (heater, thermostat, control board) these parts will need to be tested with a ohm meter, the defective part replaced.

Most of the time the reset works though :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

didnt work . No pump running

Ok Gerald do you have a high temp wash and heated dry button on the control panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Ok try it one more time, after hitting the high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry all the lights should go on, then hit the cancel button. Then try to start a new cycle.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nope didnt work

Ok then you have a problem with the heat system, The panel under the door will have to come off, Start by testing the heater with the wires pulled off with a ohm meter, if it reads open it will need to be replaced. If the heater is good next test the thermostat (under the machine) the latch switches for operation, replace the part that is defective, If all the parts mentioned are good then it will need a new control board.

Thanks!

Mike.