Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My whirlpool tumble fresh front loading dryer which is less

My whirlpool tumble fresh front loading dryer which is less than a year old will no longer spin. When it gets to the spin cycle error messages E2 and F7 appear. Is there anything I can try before calling for servic?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hello, can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thanks Mary, Basically this error code means the MCU or motor control has failed, This is the computer that sits on the floor of the machine and controls the speed of the motor. This will need to be replaced, If you would like to repair this yourself I can help you by directing you how and supply you with a link where you can buy the part :)

Let me know.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, please direct me to the link with the info on how to repair it myself

Ok Give me a minute mary to look up that part number.
Ok Mary, Thanks for that.

I have checked several suppliers and this part is back ordered so no matter where you order it the part will take some time to arrive.

You would need to pull the unit out from the wall, take the top panel off by removing the 3 screws along the rear lip. Take the top off, you should see the integrated main control/motor control in the top of the machine, At this point its just going to be a matter of swapping wires from old to new control and a couple of screws.

Below I have included a link where you can buy the part, I like to purchase my parts from this supplier because they offer a 1 year warranty on all their parts plus they allow you to return them even if they have been installed unlike others.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Mary,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,