Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a may tag dishwasher, it has been working find. I filled

Customer Question

I have a may tag dishwasher, it has been working find. I filled it up with dishes etc...
It has electric at the plug, it just i close the door and when I press start nothing now. The door is closed, leave the same setting. The electric on the front panel on the door, has no power. Now I connected this dishwasher, was simple just had to attach the plug and run it to the bottom of it. I am about to pull it out, but I was told that it has a box where I attached the wire for it to be plugged. Its only 4yrs old. What do you think it is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok just tell me what you need. I will wait for you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Okay well the first thing you need to do is remove the access panel under the door number 9 on this diagram. behind that you will see the junction box. number 20. remove that cover and make sure your getting power at that point. shut the breaker off to the D/W and be careful and remove the wire nuts spread them apart (so they don't touch anything ) and test for 120 volt between the white and black wires.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok that's where I connected the plug wire ends. I tested the outlet good and tested it at the ends. Once I connect the plug wires to dishwasher. From there on no juice going into dishwasher. Could it be that this part act like a fuse a regulator?

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
these machines have a safety thermostat that is most likely blown, High Limit ThermostatNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product View its in the door but its not shown on a diagram so you will need to open the door assembly and locate it. there are screws to remove on the inside of the door. open the door and locate that fuse. unplug the machine first.let me know when you find it. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok i will remove door Panel and try to find that fuse and be back.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be here.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I found that a plastic pulling came out. I email you pic's. Then you Think that was it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean ? I didn't see a picture could you explain that a little more ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Am trying to get you the pics but your Web won't let me. Put I did send it with the email address you sent me a email.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry I don't see them. is this running right now ? did you find plastic in the pump assembly ? I 'm sorry I just don't understand what your trying to say about some plastic. Did a piece of plastic get stuck somewhere and you pulled it out ? I thought there was no power to this. let me see If I can get you some help in sending me a picture.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

on the door it self there is a piece of plastic stuck into the door that has two fuses plus a little plastic piece that when the heater turns on and pushed it down and it pushes another lover to activate the water and the heat pump so all I did is pressed that little piece in I heard a click and plugged in and turned it on and its running a full cycle right now I have no idea why you didn't receive the pictures but with your help we found the problem. Now I know more about my dishwasher better than before.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Okay that's great ! I'm glad you found the issue. Have a great day and thanks. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Cool

you have a great day Brian and at least you tell me the location but it was a big piece with two fuses and wires going into it and this piece of plastic was just pushed out and it was used like the I a pulling too just lift up and push this little button in the start of the whole thing but I thank you very much

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
your very welcome. thanks and have a great weekend! Bryan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

THANK YOU NOW THE LADY WON'T NAG ME! !!!

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
your very welcome, have a great weekend ! thanks , Bryan