Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Hi, I have been unable to get heat out of my Bosch Nexxt DLX

Hi, I have been unable to get heat out of my Bosch Nexxt DLX Electric Dryer Model WTMC4321CN-05. Does anyone have experience with this particular model? I have few remaining options to try that don't involve serious dismantling! I have tested various components and paths for continuity, replaced components I was unsure of, etcetera.

Thanks,

Tyler
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

First are you sure you have 240 volts to the machine. You need a volt meter to check and to also figure out the issue. The dryer will run on 120volts but will not heat so you need to check that first.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are indeed the Appliance Guru! There was 120 but no 240 at the dryer, nor was there 240 at the outlet! So, can you tell me what the cause and solution to this might be?

You either have a bad breaker or the outlet is bad. You should check the breaker in the electric panel(or fuse if you have an older house).

All I ask is that you please rate my assistance before leaving thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I indeed had previously checked the circuit breaker, which appeared to be intact and solidly connected when tripped and reset. But I found a loose ground connector in the main power input array at the back of the dryer, tightened it, and reset the breaker again and voila! 120 + 240! It may be that the loose ground wasn't directly relevant, but I will certainly have a local electrician stop by and investigate that breaker.

I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, I had invested enough hours in this problem. Not to mention the headaches involved with the laundry down for a family of 6 for a couple of weeks!

Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX have a great day!

Tyler