Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Yeah, my wife says our mvw8300wq1 is throwing out code K-51

Yeah, my wife says our mvw8300wq1 is throwing out code K-51 ....starts and quits?? and it is making her worried. Also, is it possible for me to grease the spin bearings? they are much noisier now when the "jet taking off" spin....incredible speed of spin, or what?? I am a ASE Certified mechanic and have a grease gun full of boat trailer bearing grease.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
can you recheck the model number ? its not coming up.
Okay I believe I found your model, this is a Maytag bravos washer ? I believe the error would be F51 not K51. theres no K errors at all. so if its the F51 like I believe its means the control board is not seeing the proper resistance on the motor circuit. In a lot of cases with this error there can be something stuck between the two tubs or under the agitator. also she didn't overload the machine did she ? if all those things are okay you will need to replace the rotor assembly. Rotor Position Sensor W10183157       Main Product View you can do this yourself for around $77.00, heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. part & video