Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a stackable washer and dryer that is older model that

I have a stackable washer and dryer that is older model that was in the townhouse I bought. It is probably 20 years old and working but now I can't get the resume to work when it pauses. Please advise how I can get it to continue it's cycle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Can you get us a model number ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

LSE1000

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay so this wont complete the wash and go to spin correct ? is it draining the water ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It will not complete the wash. No it won't drain the water. It totally stopped after the wash. and continues to buzz and will not resume it goes right back to pause.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay is the buzz coming from down in the bottom ? or is the buzz coming from the control panel ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I think from the control panel maybe. It goes to pause/resume and a light is on and a buzzer goes off stops and I press resume and it goes right back to pause and buzzes again. Previously when I used it and the buzzer went off I could press the resume and the light would go off and the buzz would sound, stop and in a about a minute it would go off again etc.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay on these machine we used to have a lot of control panel issue's (been a while since I've seen one of these) have you tried unplugging this and then plugging it back in and press spin only ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay and it doesn't respond. have you seen any fault codes come up at all. ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

When I hit the pause I will get an 8 then when I keep ding it again I get an L then continuing the back and forth I get a P then over and over the same thing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay this may take a few minutes. I need to find my service tech sheets for this. give me a few, please stand by.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
okay what you are going to need to do is open the control panel. unplug the machine and take the screws out holding the control panel , you will need some HQ contact cleaner , if you don't have any you can get it at lowes. unplug the touch pad ribbon from the control and spray the ribbon and the ribbon connections on the board real good. put the ribbon back in and try the machine again. also theres a tech sheet behind the control. get that out while you have the control open . let me know when you have done that .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am 75 years old and can't do this since I recently had a shoulder replacement so I will have to wait until i can get help. Is there anyway I can get the machine to spin out or will I have to wring them out by hand. How do I get the water out? Is there someone in my area to have come do this? I am in Belton, Mo 64012.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
Actually sorry I didn't realize you may not be able to work on this. Until you get someone out to look at this you would need to bail the water out. that's if the lid is unlocked . is it ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes the lid is unlocked. It's hard to work out of but I'm from the old school and 'I'll get ur done.' Thanks. I may contact you again.

Expert:  Bryan replied 10 months ago.
heres a shop in your area if that helps, they work on maytag, Manley's Appliance Sales Service410 Main St
Belton, MO 64012
(816)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbegin_of_the_skype_highlighting (816)(NNN) NNN-NNNNFREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.