Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am looking for Thermador part number 189786 (ignitor). No

I am looking for Thermador part number 189786 (ignitor). No one has the OEM part, can you recommend a none OEM solution that will work?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are correct that the igniter you're looking for is no longer made, but part number 00603777 should work. The actual terminal on the bottom of the spark tip is a bit wider so you may need to change the terminal on the wire or widen out the existing terminal, but below is a link to the igniter tip you'd want to order.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two years ago you recommended:

This part is a bit different than the one you recommended today.

Do I need the clip?

Also do you think I can do this job myself?

So I think is a better recommendation because it has the same style plug and no wiring needs to be changed. You can use the old spring and clip from

That being said, it could be difficult for you to remove the burner base. The center brass nut needs to be removed in order to take the burner base off to replace the electrode. Those brass nuts strip out easy and require a specialty tool to remove them without damaging them. But you can certainly try to remove the nut.