Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Trying to remove Control panel PS971349 from model KGRAPSS00.

Trying to remove Control panel PS971349 from model KGRAPSS00. Removed knobs, lower retaining screws. Panel will pull out at bottom but will not come off lip at top. Are there any other attaching screws, glue ect? Replacing membrane switch.
Thank you,
George
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. That model number doesn't seem to come up, can you recheck that ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

G instead of C in model #

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
which part are you trying to remove on this diagram ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

# XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Okay got it, so the bottom is loose and you can pull it out ? are there screws behind the knobs on this one ? also the top of this control has a lip on it that needs to be slid up and off are you trying to push the control up to unhook it from the top ? graphic

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No screws behind knobs. Can see lip. Moves up slightly but will not release.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
Do you have the end caps off ? Control Panel End Cap(NNN) NNN-NNNNM Alternate Product View or do those ones not pull off once the screw is out
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

They do not pull off. They have a plastic type full size shim behind them. Scribed under top front lip shown in your last illustration. It appears loose from base but comes upwards enough to barely clear lip on range top but no further. Tried prying forward but will not move. It should come straight forward off but doesn't. Glued?

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

As far as I know these are not glued. looking at the diagrams isn't much help. I'll opt out and maybe someone else knows, sorry.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Will someone be contacting me? Thanks for your try.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
I hope so . not all techs are on line at the same time. I went through every tech sheet I have and cant find anything. leave this open I'm still searching . if I find the answer I will reply back.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is Dave. I will try to help you with your problem but the model number is XXXXX correct. After the KGRA there should be numbers like 807. On a KGRA807 and similar you need to remove the cook top trim and the side panels just to get to the end cap screws. Can you check the model number for me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

KGRA806PSS00

Okay thanks. There is a screw hidden at the top of the end cap. I know this is bad news but you need to remove the cook top trim and the side panels on this one to see those screws.

Dave
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Dave. Knew it had to be something like that. Too late today to do. Will let you know.

George

Sorry for the bad news but best wishes to you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dave

You were spot on. Easy fix once I knew. Done and works well.

Thanks Again,

George

George, you are a good man to call that an "easy fix". In later production the end caps have visible screws as soon as you pull it front. Take care. Dave
Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore