Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The detergent cover will not open during wash cycle. There

The detergent cover will not open during wash cycle. There are no obstructions keeping the
cover from opening. Have to manually open the cover during wash cycle. Using liquid dishwasher detergent.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the dispenser lid won't open, then the dispenser itself would need to be replaced if you don't see the lid being blocked. The dispenser is actually not all that hard to replace so below is a video that shows you how to replace the dispenser as well as a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for dispenser.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!