Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Jenn-Air ice maker went through a clean cycle automatically.

My Jenn-Air ice maker went through a clean cycle automatically. It is completely empty now and I turned it off and everytime I turn the "on" button on the clean button comes on too. No ice still after 2 days

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name is Dave. Is this an under counter icemaker? Can you supply the model number please?

Customer:

I made a mistake, it is a GE Monogram under counter

Appliance Tech Dave :

That is okay, they are made by the same company. If the clean light is on you need to run it through a complete clean cycle in order to get it to reset. This take about 50 minutes. The instructions and the part number for the cleaner are in the user manual. Do you have a copy?

Customer:

It went through a complete cycle and all of the ice melted out, but never came back on so I turned it off and thought that might reset it and every time I turn it on the clean light come on too. I have misplaced my manual. It is about 2 years old

Customer:

Are you there

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, try this. Press and hold the off button until the light go off. Wait a minute and then press and hold the clean button and the clean light should come on or blink. Let it run until it stops. This should take as long as 70 minutes. When the time is up and it stops you will need to press the ON button to start making ice. Let me know what happens.

Customer:

I turned it off, waited, then turned the clean button on. It came on and continues to blink. Is that what it's supposed to do, keep blinking?

Appliance Tech Dave :

In a while it should start to circulate water.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX watch it and if it does not come on I will let you know.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Did you turn the icemaker off before you pressed clean?

Customer:

Yes I turned it off