Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

frigidaire oven mod # XXXXX oven wont stop heating when

frigidaire oven mod # XXXXX oven wont stop heating when target temp is reached. temp senser was to hot to test but ohms were were coming down as the temp did

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Are you with the unit now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. i was there eaarlier

You did say the ohms were dropping then,, and do you know if the temps got over 800 degrees in there or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not today but the cust said that she left in on for 30 minutes when she noticed the problem. at the rate it was heating up, id say it did. she also said it was beeping and gave a code she thought, but she didnt remember what it was. she shut it off at the breaker because it wouldnt shut down

Did she say if the door locked on the unit when it happened?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, didnt mention it.

From all the symptoms that you listing I think that the main oven control is causing the problem.. If the oven probe sensor checks out at room temp, then I would replace the oven control on the unit..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what should the temp senser ohms be at room temp

1100 ohms +/-10%
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry. , i forgot to ask , is the part # XXXXXXXXXX for that board

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

much thanks

your welcome