Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

For a maytag Atlantis washing machine, Im having trouble with

For a maytag Atlantis washing machine, I'm having trouble with the spin/ drain. The machine is leaking some water on the floor. The problem seems to be intermittent. It doesn't seem to drain at least some of the water and then the spin is ineffective probably because it still has water in it. What should I do?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Can you get us the model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mav6260aww
okay please stand by while I look this up. thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do
okay I'm back. I need you to take the front panel off do you have a putty knife or thin screw driver ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. Is there a trick to doing it?
yes, what you need to do is slide the putty knife in between the top and the front panel and push the clips in while lifting the whole top of the machine up and let it hinge back against the wall. the clips are number 6 on this diagram. once thats up remove the screws holding the front panel on the inside.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's open
okay , the front panel is off ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
okay put the top back down and start a cycle. let it fill and see if theres any water coming out anywhere inside.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No water coming out inside
okay so that means the pump is leaking. the pump will leak below the floor of the machine, if you don't see water leaking anywhere inside you need to replace your pump. its fairly easy. the pump is number 4 on this diagram. heres a link to order it. pump click that blue link.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I run the rest of the cycle and see if that's what happens?
yes , make sure its not coming from anywhere inside the machine. if its not the only thing left is the pump that would leak.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I assume that would also explain why it wouldn't drain all the way?
yes. well what is probably happening is if the pump is leaking the belt gets wet and slips. so doesn't drain all the way.