Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello we own a maytag staaked washer/dryer combo. It stopped

Hello we own a maytag staaked washer/dryer combo. It stopped working. Fuse on home circuit breaker looks like it was flipped, so we reset. however the unit will still not work.

is there a fuse in the unit itself? It is Model MT3800XW0

thank you
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. is it the dryer or washer that wont work ? or both ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correction to medel number it is MET 3800xw0

LOL that was my next question ! be right back.
do you have a volt meter ? Is it both the washer and dryer that will not start ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes both No I do not have a volt meter

Okay well theres no central internal fuse in this that would affect both. what you need to do is pull the machine away from the wall and unplug it, remove the cover where the cord connects and take a look at the terminal block where the cord connects. check for a burnt wire on the cord. can you do that ? also did you push the breaker all the way over to off then push it back to on or did you just push it back over to on ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No issues with a burnt wire

what about the breaker.? when you reset it did you push it all the way over to off and then back to the one position ? if you don't sometimes the breaker doesn't actually reset.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot believe I did not reset it properly. Thank you Have a good night.

Was that the issue ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didnt reset the fuse properly. Pathetic.Smile

Oh okay well at least it wasn't something major Smile that's actually a good thing. please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off. thanks and have a great night, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Very true. Thanks again Bryan
your welcome. thanks.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
thanks, Bryan