Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Mod JBP66DM2BB elect range thats been working fine

I have a GE Mod JBP66DM2BB elect range thats been working fine for 4 years. All of a sudden it showing an alarm "Bad Line". Nothing has changed in the house wiring etc. I am a retired a/c tech so I know how to test circuits. There is good 240v all the way to the oven control module and good 120v to ground on both legs. I think the oven control module is bad. What do you think Steve Seward
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So testing 120 volts to ground on both lets is actually not the same as testing 240 volts between the two legs. If you're definitely getting 240 volts up to the junction block where the power cord connects and you don't see any shorted wires at the junction block, you need a new display control board because it has failed I'm afraid to say. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order and replace for this model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!