Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Msd265mhes refrigerator not cooling. Compressor is only luke

Msd265mhes refrigerator not cooling. Compressor is only luke warm to the touch.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

How many amps is the compressor pulling?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My meter doesnt read amps

If you are going to be working on these units, an amp meter is a nice cheap investment, If you were not pulling at least .6 amps I would say you have a sealed system leak in the unit.. Do you want to tap into the sealed system to check the pressures?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would have to guess if the compressor is running and not cooling at all, that you have a sealed system leak, If the compressor was hot and humming and clicking then my guess would have to be a bad overload / start relay, however since the compressor is not hot, I think the problem is sealed system and that as you know is very expensive..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory