Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Samsung front-load washer bangs when tub accelerates

Samsung front-load washer 'bangs' when tub accelerates
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you look at the sticker around the door please and give me the full model number from that sticker.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WF338AAW/XAA

Ok Rob can you give me a minute to look that up please.
Ok Rob can you open the door, Grab the outside tub with one hand and grab the basket with the other hand, try to hold the tub and move the basket, Let me know if there is any play between the basket and the tub or if there is no play at all.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike: Not clear on the difference between the tub and the basket

Im trying to determine if the tub has a bad bearing, do you hear any other noise then the banging like a plane taking off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No airplane noise - like someone knocking on the door - sometimes like kicking in the door

Ok Rob, sounds like the problem is with the shocks, either one or both are bad. I cant think of anything else that would cause this if the machine works as it should with no error codes.

Below I have included a link where you can buy the part, I like to purchase my parts from this supplier because they offer a 1 year warranty on all their parts plus they allow you to return them even if they have been installed unlike others.

Click here to order the shocks

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This takes two shocks, correct?

Yes takes 2.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have an exploded diagram you could post?

I just left for a service call, when I return I will post it.

Thanks