Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

BOSCH DIshwasher SHX98MO9UC is not heating up water or sanitizing

BOSCH DIshwasher SHX98MO9UC is not heating up water or sanitizing dishes or drying dishes. Can you help
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure.

Ok naz thanks for that, The problem here is likely the heater is bad, This is located under the machine, You would need to pull the machine out from under the counter, Pull the wires off the terminal of the heater, test the heater with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it reads open it will need to be replaced.

Below I have included a link where you can buy the part, I like to purchase my parts from this supplier because they offer a 1 year warranty on all their parts plus they allow you to return them even if they have been installed unlike others.

Click here to order the new heater

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do you think it couldn't be the control board or the sensor? I can't clikc on the link to order a new heater. ALso, I can't find any heaters for the dishwasher

It could be the control board, it could be the thermostat/sensor this is why you need to check the heater with a ohm meter, I suspect the heater because this is the most common part to go bad with this manufacturer.

Try the link below.

Click here

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the heater is fine what would be the next diagnostic to run on the control board or sensor?

The sensor that will be located under the unit also, it should be wired in series with the heater, If the sensor is good then yes you have a bad relay on the control board, as mentioned though the most common problem on this dishwasher is the heater.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How would I check if the sensor is good?

You should get a resistance reading from it Naz, if it reads open then it will be bad.

Thanks!

Mike.