Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Washer that makes a loud grinding noise. I

I have a Maytag Washer that makes a loud grinding noise. I has been like this for several months. It operates just fine and I have not seen any leaks. What could be causing this? Model PAV2300AWW.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the first thing you'll need to do is tip the washer back and remove the belt. There are 3 pulleys and you'll need to turn all the pulleys both directions to see which one isn't spinning smoothly. Most likely it will be the pulley on the far right which is the drain pump. The bearing on the drain pump is known to fail quite often and if that's the case, then the drain pump will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I remove the belt? If it is the drain pump(not sure since it grinds all the time ), what is the level of difficulty to replace? Price of part? Thank you.

All parts are fairly easy to replace and the belt just pulls off, it really isn't difficult. The part price is $50. Below is a link to the part.