Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

kenmore elite he3t front load washer tries but fails to agitate

kenmore elite he3t front load washer tries but fails to agitate and than after a few times a F-15 code come up. It does spin to drain. I already replaced the drive belt.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error F15 means that your motor control board isn't reading the tachometer on your motor correctly when it tries to turn the motor. First, just open the door and spin the drum to make sure the inner basket spin smoothly. If so, you'll need to remove the lower front panel and make sure all the wire connections are secure to the motor control board (MCU) and if everything looks good, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced. The MCU generally costs about $200 for the part, but it only takes about 20 minutes to replace so if you're handy, you can definitely replace this part yourself. The part number for the MCU is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Below is a link to the part from whom I recommend using because they are one of the few places that will allow you to return the part if you end up not needing it. That's a very good option to have when you can't test the part and must just go off the error code that the washer displays.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!