Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

brian I have a general question on a jenn air dishwasher with

brian I have a general question on a jenn air dishwasher with clean light blinking. haven't been there yet on my way what should be the first thing to look for ? The heating element ? I believe this light means lack of heat at cycle times Model JDB8200awp
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Good Morning . Do you know how many blinks before it repeats ? is it 7 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

don't know yet brian called and no answer but if he calls me back I will find out. If its seven what am I looking at and if its not 7 blinks then what would be a solution ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
if its blinking 7 times its a heater issue like you thought. you can try a board reset though first.

"high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead. Sometimes this is just a scrambled board and reseting it works. let me know how many blinks if you can. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just found out it is blinking 4 times when door is closed and opened he said when the light does start to blink it is blinking 4 times hope this helps

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay great , give me a few minutes and I'll be back, please stand by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay , I've been looking for that error and its not coming up in any of my tech sheets. 3 comes up and 7comes up. Can you have them recheck that ? also find out if its blinking slowly or fast. can you check that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok if its 3 or 7 what does that mean brian ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

7 is heater but what would 3 mean ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Stopped Running, Will Not Start and Clean LED

Blinks 7 Times, then Repeats (Water Heating Fault)

Control is programmed to

stop running and not allow

any further cycles if it

detects a water heating

problem (no temperature

increase detected in heated

Main Wash on 3

consecutive cycles). Control

blinks the Clean LED 7 times

repeatedly and disables the

Start/Resume key until

cleared.

Running Diagnostics clears the control

and allows it to operate again.

The water

heating problem must be fixed or the

control will stop running again. See

potential causes below.

Heater circuit problem:

Open in heater.

Open connection or

component in heater circuit.

Faulty heater drive circuit

on control.

1. Check operation of heater in

Diagnostics cycle.

2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect

power.

3. Check resistance of heater and all

components and connections in the water

heating circuit or heat dry circuit.

Wash pump not pumping

water past the heater

efficiently.

See "Wash Pump Will Not Pump".

Door switch not making

contact consistently:

Faulty or sloppy door

latch assembly (which can

be aggravated by high door

closure force keeping strike

plate from fully seating).

Faulty door switch (high

resistance).

NOTE:

Neutral switch on

plastic tub models is only in

series with motor and

heater; other loads are not

affected.

1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect

power.

2. Measure resistance of door switch

contacts while checking mechanical

operation of latch assembly. Confirm

switches not loose from assembly. Check

strike plate and door closure.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
looking for more info be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay if this is flashing 3 times you need to reset the board like I said above. "high temp wash , heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" after you do that press cancel to reset the board.if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks brian I will get back to you

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay .I'll watch for your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the sequence brings up clean light blinking 4 times then pausing and blinking 4 times that all it blinks is 4 times. did your sequence and hit cancel several tries and board has not reset . before sending this message to you I shut off breaker to dishwasher and will power back up when I go back in. if board does not reset then what does the clean light blinking 4 times mean ??

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay , have you tested the heater and thermostat ? also have you checked the door switches?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
do any of the other keys respond at all ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
try pressing and holding the heated dry key in for 5 seconds. this is to make sure the control itself is not locked out, can you try that ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Like I've been saying there is no error for the clean light blinking 4 times. I believe if you test the other things I've mentioned and all is good you control board has failed. That error code doesn't exist . I've gone through about 50 pages of info and that error is no where which tells me the board is bad. the part number for the board is . W10567073 Sears has these in stock at this link. control board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian , You were right about resetting the board for the dishwasher. The sequence you gave me was just not the one for this particular machine. I had no schematics on the lower kick plate so after a little while before I was going to check the other components I asked the home owner if he had any type of paperwork for the dishwasher and he said he would look. Well guess what popped up. ""the schematic""" with this model in order to put it into diagnostics and or clear board you hit any 3 different keys consecutively for 2 to 3 times then all lights on key panel will light up then hit cancel to clear board or hit start to go through the different test cycles. hit start for the beginning of each diffent test . I just cleared the board as you suggested I start first then machine went back to working order thanks again for your help much appreciated Darren oh and the 4 blinks meant communication from the board to the motor was disrupted , loose motor control wires at connection , broken wireing some where for the motor harness. FYI

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well You learn something new all the time. thanks and I'll keep that info on file, have a great day. thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.