Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have GE large capacity heavy duty washer Model #WWA5600GALAD.

I have GE large capacity heavy duty washer Model #WWA5600GALAD. Water is collecting under machine. Have removed rear panel (pressed wood) and cleaned and retightened all hose connections. With panel open and washer cycle started, I notice drip from weep hole between inflow and outflow hoses on water pump. Is this normal? How do I address this issue?

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Good morning . Okay so the water is coming out of the weep hole in the side of the pump it means the pump shaft seal has failed. that hole is there for that purpose to let you know the seal went bad before it really starts leaking bad. unfortunately the only way to fix the issue is replace the pump.

Drain Pump WH23X42 Alternate Product View heres a link to order the pump. Drain Pump just click that blue link. The pump is around $58.00, I haven't done one of those in years. that's an old machine but if it still runs good its worth fixing , I hope this helps. thanks for requesting me, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I also notice that the drive belt is getting frayed. How do I replace the belt on model WWA5600GALAD? Any links?

Definitely replace the belt if its frayed while you have the pump out. it goes around the pump as you can see and you would have to take that coupling loose just to change the belt so your already going to have that apart so its easier to do it then. heres the link to the belt. Belt its only $8.75 thanks and have a great day ! Bryan