Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

i have an amana refrigerator that leaks water after it drops

i have an amana refrigerator that leaks water after it drops ice in the bin it goes to fill and then there is water all over the back of the box and in the bin m/n- AFI2538AEB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Are any of the cubes hollow or are they just melted?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

they are solid

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
When you dispense water through the dispenser, does the water come out with good force, or does it more or less trickle out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

water comes out with good force

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
You said in the beginning that you cannot get the ice maker out? Do you mean the bin itself or the icemaker?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no the ice maker i thought some may have came loose

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
The icemaker itself locks itself in there, once in, it is not coming out unless you remove it.. there can be 2 things causing this, one is the fan motor that is located behind the icemaker itself, it draws the freezing air from the freezer to keep the ice from melting. The other is a bad water valve that feeds the ice maker, I would suggest to find out which one may be causing the problem.. I would clean out the ice bin and fill it with ice and turn off the water to the unit completely. then wait 24 hours and remove the bin, if there is ice melted then replace the fan motor inside there, and if it is not melted at all, then replace the water valve that feeds the icemaker..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how can i reply back to you if i have any more questions

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Yes, I am here everyday, I will keep helping you as needed on this problem...

Chas

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

after 24 hr there is no water spills just when ice maker fills with water

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Then I would replace the water valve on the unit
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I remove that plastic piece on the left side underneath the ice maker
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Are you talking about the wire harness connector on the left hand side?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes thats the only way it looks like you can pull the ice maker out to get to the back wall.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How can I verify that it is the Water valve
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
you would have to remove the cover where the water valve is and see if it leaking past it..